Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Extras | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Woman files $3M suit against NYC for false arrest

September 5, 2013
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — A woman has filed a $3 million lawsuit against New York City for jailing her on an old arrest warrant.

Raven Moses says she spent Memorial Day weekend at Rikers Island for a crime she had already served time.

The suit says she was driving on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge on May 25 when she struck another driver. She says responding police ran a check on her and found an outstanding arrest warrant in a 2009 fraud case.

The suit says she pleaded guilty in the case and spent a year in jail.

It says she was booked after the car accident and jailed for three days.

Police say the arresting officer had verified the warrant was active. It wasn't explained why it had remained active.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web