Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Extras | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Mattress blaze brings firefighters to NYC hotel

April 28, 2014
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — The Fire Department says an early-morning blaze in a Brooklyn high-rise hotel was doused without any injuries.

The Fire Department says a mattress apparently caught fire around 5 a.m. Sunday at the Brooklyn Sheraton on Duffield Street. The cause of the fire isn't immediately known.

Jeff Moenkhaus (mehn-KOWS'), of St. Louis, Missouri, was on the 12th floor when he said firefighters banged on his door telling him to get out. He said he smelled smoke in the hallway and used a stairwell to exit the building.

The 41-year-old, who was in town on business, said he and about 100 other guests were allowed back into their hotel rooms after about 30 minutes.

A hotel manager hasn't immediately returned a call.

The 25-story hotel in downtown Brooklyn opened in 2010.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web