This is an open letter I sent to President Barack Obama:
Let me say that my wife and I and our family support you 100 percent in running this nation during the most difficult times in world history. We see the wall you are against and consider your actions more than robust. Please keep up the good work and listen to God in His wisdom.
It becomes painfully clear to us that the electrical grid of this nation is in the wrong place. All parts of the grid should be underground. What this would do would be:
1. Save our important infrastructure, out of sight and out of mind.
2. Environmentally clean our nation from top to bottom with unsightly poles and dangerous wiring.
3. Burying would eliminate or put a hold on terrorist activity to shut down our grid system.
4. Possibly protect the grid from an electromagnetic field attack, depending on the depth.
5. Put a grandiose number of Americans to work making our country look a lot better than exists today.
6. Eliminate or greatly reduce the effects of violent weather on the grid.
7. Insurers would reduce costs immensely (maybe) and other positives.
As an electrician, I have pushed for this for years. Finally, maybe even Congress would see the importance of following a path to put Americans to work, (perhaps even hiring foreign workers to do some of the tedious work, as you know, that would be hard).
By the way, a good place to start would be New York state who will install an electrical corridor from Niagara Falls to New York City - soon.
GARY L. ZIELINSKI,
Retired member of Local 106, IBEW,