Twenty years ago - 1992
The emotionally-charged School 7 issue erupted as the Dunkirk Board of Education voted 6-3 to have specifications prepared and bids advertised for the restoration of the landmark. According to School Board president Robert Barlette, "This issue has dragged on for seven years and the public has requested that we make a decision no matter which way it goes."
Thirty years ago - 1982
A building at 186 East Main St. in Fredonia which has stood vacant for more than two years when the two firms that were leasing it moved out of the area, has been purchased from D&F Transit Inc. by James Mead, owner of Westfield Lakeside Press and former operator of the Westfield Republican.
Forty years ago - 1972
Improvements are nearing completion at Lake Erie State Park. Among the changes being made to the Route 5 grounds are a new facilities building and underground wiring for campsites.
Fifty years ago - 1962
The Armstrong and Fleischman Co., located at 114 Eagle St., Dunkirk since 1900, was sold this morning to the J.L. Castiglia Construction Company of Dunkirk.