Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Extras | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fiery explosion

Blast caused by gas leak in basement destroys vacant house

May 21, 2013
By DIANE R. CHODAN - OBSERVER Staff Writer , The OBSERVER

WESTFIELD - A fire destroyed a house on Route 5 near McKinley Road on Monday morning. The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team determined the cause was an accidental gas explosion. They reported the home was supplied with non-odorized natural gas from an old private gas well on the property.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web