In a "Do You Remember?" photo submitted by James Muscato of Dunkirk, the Dunkirk City Planning Commission is shown in 1959 as members were sworn in at the Common Council chambers in Dunkirk City Hall. Members are Mrs. Vaughan Meister, Jack D. Scott, Stephen Szczerbacki, Anthony Valentine, Walter Rys; Judge Joseph J. Ricotta and Mayor George T. Wheeler.
Thirty years ago - 1983
Several persons will be called as witnesses in a three-day hearing pitting the Dunkirk Teachers Association versus Dr. Robert E. Bennett, the superintendent of schools. The teachers have charged Dr. Bennett with more than 20 incidents of apparent improper labor practices and have brought the charges before the hearing officer for the Public Employment Relations Board.
Forty years ago - 1973
Demolition crews have razed the building at 423-425 Main St. in Dunkirk's urban renewal district. The building formerly housed American Cleaners and Anthony's Shoe Repairs.
Fifty years ago - 1963
The Seneca Nation Housing Authority will receive bids tonight on the construction of 35 new homes on the Cattaraugus Indian Reservation. Assisting in the project are Martin Seneca of Versailles, executive director of the authority, Atty. Robert Galloway of Silver Creek and Nelson Palmer, project architect from Dunkirk.