The Chautauqua County Historical Society was awarded a Community Benefit Grant from the Northern Chautauqua Community Foundation for a video surveillance system at the McClurg Museum. The McClurg Museum building was built in 1818 by pioneer James McClurg. Today the 14-room Federal-style mansion is the home of the Chautauqua County Historical Society. The museum features period displays on three floors. Displays include some of the earliest artifacts and archival materials relating to the settlement and subsequent development of the county. The mansion was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. The video surveillance system has increased the level of security for all historical collections housed at the McClurg Museum. Pictured from left to right: David Brown, Vice President of the Chautauqua County Historical Society; John Paul Wolfe, McClurg Museum Curator; Eileen Dunn, NCCF Program Coordinator; Peter Ryan, NCCF Board Member and Bob Johnston, Chautauqua County Historical Society Trustee.