LILY DALE - A fire broke out on the third floor of the Maplewood Hotel Monday morning.
Lily Dale Fire Department Fire Chief Stanley Kelly said it was a good save with very little damage done to the structure.
Firefighters from Lily Dale, Cassadaga, Stockton and Sin-clairville were at the scene for three hours putting out the small fire, which is still under investigation.
OBSERVER Photo by Dan Kohler
Carpenters were working on the Maplewood Hotel in Lily Dale when a small fire in some insulation was discovered. Four fire departments — Lily Dale, Cassadaga, Stockton and Sinclairville — were summoned to the hotel. Firemen quickly extinguished the small fire that was located on the third floor.
"We suspect it was an electrical fire which started on the third floor of the hotel," Lily Dale Fire Department First Assistant Chief Keith Burridge said. "It took us about an hour to knock out the fire."
The fire started around 11:30 a.m. Monday and caused mainly water damage to the structure, due to the fire hoses. No one was injured.
The Maplewood Hotel is located in the heart of Lily Dale.