County history today
March 29
— 1899 – Unity Lodge No. 29 of the Scandinavian Brotherhood of America was organized in Jamestown.
— 1924 – Gurney Ball Bearing was taken over by the Marlin-Rockwell Corporation of New York City.
March 30
–1851 – Ellington Academy organized.
— 1883 – Chautauqua Institution chartered as a formal university (until 1902).
— 1939 – Jamestown Boys’ Club opened its doors.
— 1959 – WNED-TV, public television, Buffalo, went on the air.
— 1998 – Lakewood post office moved from Summit Avenue to Fairmount Avenue.